What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
Sounds pretty simple right?
But if you're like most of us you make think your answer is unattainable in 'real life' or maybe you just think it's something you'll try when the perfect conditions exist.
So what is the thing called the comfort zone?
Scientists define it as: a behavioral state within which a person operates in an anxiety-neutral condition, using a limited set of behaviors to deliver a steady level of performance, without a sense of risk.
Now out in the real world we're going to experience stress, anxiety and setbacks, that's what scientists call the performance zone. And it's during these times of stress that some of us shrink back into a comfort zone but if we can soldier on and stay in that performance zone despite the setbacks and anxiety eventually we're going to end up in this place called the magic zone - where anything and everything is possible.
And that is why it's imperative to step out of our comfort zone.
How do we do this?
1) Identify your comfort zone.
2) Embrace the unknown and accept that anxiety, self-doubt and fear accompany movement from the comfort-zone, it's OK to feel those things!
3) Follow your passion - it's easier to move towards things we're passionate about.
4) Take small steps because they lead to big things.
5) Do your research but don't let it fuel your fears.
6) Confront your fears. I use to list all mine on a big piece of paper then take it outside and burn it thus releasing them!
7) Make your bucket list a to-do list.
8) Remember that there is no such thing as the 'perfect time' and tomorrow is not a guarantee for any of us.
One of the greatest tragedies of humankind is that we THINK we have time, soooooo... What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
Post a Comment