One need not be Catholic or even Christian to find some solace in the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi. A dear friend recently reminded me of the power in this prayer. God bless the angels that were taken too soon in an unspeakable tragedy and may God be with the broken hearts they leave behind.
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- Where there is injury, pardon.
- Where there is doubt, faith.
- Where there is despair, hope.
- Where there is darkness, light.
- Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Post a Comment